Need to Search My Blog?

Monday, February 9, 2009

CVS AND THE MADAGASCAR 2 DVD

CVS has a great deal this week. If you buy $20 in advertised P&G products and the Madagascar 2 DVD, you get $15.00 off instantly. This discount make the DVD on sale for $4.99! So I dusted off my CVS hat (since I haven't been since before Christmas) and put together a pretty good shopping list. Grocery Smarts doesn't not have a CVS list yet so I had to put this list together on my own. However, Grocery Smarts has a great alphabetically coupon index, HERE, that I used to match up all my coupons. It does take more time than the average Grocery Smarts list, but my time paid off big. I got all this for a Total Out Of Pocket of $3.91. See my breakdown below!

(As a side note, I am currently potty training my Little Man and he is doing better than excepted. I had a Mega pack of Playskool diapers that I purchased at CVS before Christmas using my ECB from this deal HERE. Since I am in need of pull-ups instead of diapers, I took the pack of diapers and returned them to CVS today giving me a $16.15 store credit. I used this credit in today's transactions.)

TRANSACTION #1

2 Gillette Shampoo
1 Gillette Fusion Gamer Manual Razor
1 CVS Aspirin 10ct

- $4/1 Gillette Razor (PG 2/8)
- $2/1 Gillette Shampoo (PG 1/18) x's 2
- $2.29 CRT Coupon (printed at the Coupon Scanner - looks like a price scanner machine)

Total Out Of Pocket $0.00 (use store $7.27 store credit)
Earned $10.00 ECB

TRANSACTION #2

1 Downy
1 Bounce
1 Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste
2 Pantene Styling Products
1 Madagascar 2 DVD

- .25 Bounce (PG 2/8)
-.25 Downy (PG 2/8)
- 1.50 Crest Pro Health (PG 2/8)
-2.00 Pantene (PG 2/8)
- 12.50 EBC

Total Out of Pocket $3.91 (used remaining $7.27 store credit)

My average savings today was 93%! I am so excited about today's shopping trip. Everything I purchased today (except the toothpaste) was on my low inventory list. Plus I was able to score a great Valentine gift for my little rascals!!!

1 comment:

Audrey Taylor said...

Lisa I don't know how you are so on top of these talents to save money!
I can't figure out how to print the coupons off of my computer; I can't find the Information Bar to install the program I need!