Need to Search My Blog?

Thursday, May 21, 2009

BLACK BANANAS

My daughter got so excited this week when she saw that we had black bananas. I love that I have recipe that I can use up such bananas so I don't feel so bad when I have to toss them. I switched up my recipe from HERE just a bit and they turned out great. Instead of adding nuts I added mini chocolate chips and they turned out AWESOME. I am not usually a fan of bananas and chocolate, but I am now.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
3 T milk
5-6 black bananas (mashed)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
Mix butter, sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth. Beat the eggs into the batter one at a time. Mix in 1 cup of flour and baking soda into the batter. Then add the mashed bananas and mix until well combined. Next add the remaining 1 cup of flour and mix until just combined. Finally fold in the mini chocolate chips.

Lightly grease the mini muffin tin. Fill about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 11 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit 1 minute. Remove from tin and place on a wire rack to cool completely. ENJOY!!!

No comments: