Need to Search My Blog?

Saturday, January 9, 2010

SHOP & TELL - CASE LOT STYLE


Smith's is features their famous Case Lot sale this week. Case Lot sales are not my favorite kind of sale. They sound like BIG savings and they help you stock up on your family's essentials. However, I feel that you can walk away spending way more than needed.

I am lucky enough that my Smith's does not require you to buy the whole case to get the sale price. This is one of the main reasons I went shopping there today. I looked at the GS list to see what items where on sale, checked my pantry to see what I need and how much of it, and tried to limit my shopping trip to under $30.00. The items I purchased were all items that I was running low on.

My savings was not stellar (about 38%) but I did stay under my $30.00. My total for everything above was $22.78. Although this shopping trip is definitely not one I will be talking about much after this post, it will help keep my "need" list to a minimum for the next little awhile.

No comments: