Need to Search My Blog?

Thursday, January 7, 2010

SHOP & TELL

CVS and Target seem to be my GO TO couponing spots these days. I was able to get to both stores today and saved an average of 63%.


For everything above, I paid $13.15 and receive $12.00 in ECB (or CVS coupons) to use on my next purchase. I usually roll my ECB's in to another transaction, however that did not happen today. All of the items I had on my second transaction list were gone. So I came home with $12.00 to use next week. I am sure this will make for a good shopping trip next week.

Total Value: $34.39
Total Spent: $ 13.15
Total Saved: $24.21
Average Savings: 62%

Lisa's Tip
Shop earlier in the week (or sale) to ensure the sale items will be stocked.

Target has become one of my favorite stores to coupon at. Plus they just opened a new store not too far out of my way and I can't resist shopping there. I don't know what it is about a new target and a new shopping cart, but I will drive the extra 10 minutes just to shop there. Here is my shopping trip breakdown . . .

Total Value: $70.63
Total Spent: $25.87
Total Saved: $44.76
Average Savings: 63%

Shopping Trip Highlights
Finish Dishwasher Tablets $0.68 each
Special K cereal $0.64 each
Juice Juice $0.50 each

Thanks to HIP 2 Save for helping get my shopping list put together.

Here's Tip #2
Target offers a good variety of Target Coupons (or store coupons) and they accept Manufacture Coupons. You can combine both types of coupons on one item to make the savings even sweeter. For example, the Juicy Juice I bought today was on sale for $2.00 a bottle. I used $1/1 Target Coupon and $1/2 Manufacture coupon on one bottle. So because I combine both coupons on one bottle, I was able to snag a bottle for $0.50.

No comments: