Need to Search My Blog?

Sunday, September 27, 2009

KIDS IN TOW

Do you ever feel like your cart is full of chickens? I do! Here’s a few tips to keep your coup in control and get you out of the store as soon as possible. Plus, the longer you stay, the more you spend… so it’s always wise to keep your trips short and in control!

1. PLAN AHEAD! Have your list ready and your coupons cut and clipped to your list. When you go in, know what you are going to buy and how many. The worst thing you can do for your budget and your little chickens is wander up and down the aisles. Wandering only adds to your total.

2. ALWAYS GRAB AN AD WHEN YOU COME IN THE STORE! I hate having to trek to the front of the store to double check something that’s not marked on the aisle.

3. LET YOUR LITTLE CHICKS HELP! Let your little ones hold something they like or choose something you are buying. For example, if Betty Crocker fruit snacks are on sale and you have coupons for 4 boxes, let them choose the variety they want – then let them hold a box.

4. LET YOUR CHICKS HAVE SOME COUPONS! Pull a coupon or two from those little aisle machines for them to hold. Kids want to do what we do, so get them involved so they think they are helping.

5. USE THE CAR CARTS WHEN AVAILABLE! These are are kind of cumbersome to push around, but my kids love them and they allow me to shop with no complaints out of them.

6. And... of course, when all else fails, pull a dum-dum sucker out of your purse!

The bottom line for me (and this trick works every time) is to BE ORGANIZED. When I walk into a store, know what I need, feel like my list is complete and my coupons are in order, I have a successful shopping trip and it keeps the kid craziness (and my total out of pocket) to a minimum. Happy shopping!

No comments: