Need to Search My Blog?

Saturday, July 3, 2010

RECIPE EXCHANGE - CUCUMBER SANDWICHES


A few months ago I was introduced to the best little sandwich EVER at my daughter's Preschool Mother's Day Tea Party. I kid you not when I say I ate about 5 (ok 6) of these little babies that day AND I was not the only one. It sounds like such a weird food combo, but let me tell you IT WORKS. I have made these about 4 times since (my mom even more) and can't stop talking about them. My sister in law (who hates cucumbers) just requested these sandwiches for our 4th of July BBQ. So if you are heading to a BBQ this week, take these sandwiches.

Cucumber Sandwiches
1 Baguette (not the french kind - too holey)
1 8 oz brick Cream Cheese (room temp)
1 package Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
1 large Cucumber (peeled "zebra" style)
Lemon Pepper Seasoning

Mix together the cream cheese and ranch dressing mix. Peel and cut the cucumber into thin slices. Cut the baguette into thin slices. (I cut on an angle to make for a prettier presentation). Then layer as follows - bread, cream cheese mixture, cucumber (1-2 slices depending on the size of the bread) lemon pepper seasoning.

A HUGE thanks goes out to Erika for this recipe!!!

Photobucket

No comments: